About Me

My photo
Boise, Idaho, United States
Hello there and welcome to my page. My name is Michelle, an independent literary contractor. In short, I’m a freelance writer, copywriter, author, and poet. I am a true realist who has learned no matter what you may want in life, you must work for it. Nothing in this world comes easy or cheap. Nonetheless, if you want it bad enough it’s all worth the effort. Growing up in a small farming community I yearned for adventure that wasn’t accessible in a place surrounded by wheat fields as far as the eye could see. Subsequently, I read and fell in love with books. Reading made it possible to travel to far away lands, different time periods, and alternate realities. Those escapades that were unveiled, fashioned a longing for me to write. Encourage by my sixth grade teacher to become an author, I found myself writing anything from poetry to articles in my high school newspaper. Presently I'm writing my first novel,copywrite for magazines,and shellochsner.wordpress.com. I live in Boise, Idaho with my husband and three children.

Friday, February 3, 2012

Great Ideas for the Weekend



What to do, what to do?

That is the question on everyone’s mind about the upcoming weekend. Though we’re dead smack in the middle of winter, there is no lack of festivities to keep you entertained. From group activities to hanging solo, there is an answer to that dreadful question leaving no excuses for your state of boredom.


1) Super Bowl Sunday! Yes, that’s right I said it. Calling all sports fans; there is no reason you have to sit at home whining about having nothing to do this Sunday. If house parties are not your style, local papers, radio station websites, and many television ads offering many places to watch the big game. For more information about the Super Bowl: www.nfl.com


2) Since February is now known as the month of romance and Valentine’s Day falls on a Tuesday, couples may choose to celebrate the occasion instead of the date. And what better way to spend a weekend than at a chocolate festival! For event listings near you visit: www.chocolate-festival.org/MoreChocolateFestivals.html


3) If you are a busy body and lucky enough to have snow in your area, you can’t go wrong with winter activities such as sledding, skiing, snowboarding, or snowmobiling. A favorite of is to pack the kids in the car and drive up to them hills, have a snow ball fight, drop down and make snow angels, and then build a huge snowman.

*IMPORTANT*

- Check for avalanche warnings

- Tell someone where you are going to be

- abide by area rules 

My sons 1st concert!
4) Last but not least; www.eventful.com is a great resource to find out what is happening in your area. The website lists concerts, performing arts, movies, family activities, great places to eat, and nightlife.

No comments:

Post a Comment