About Me

My photo
Boise, Idaho, United States
Hello there and welcome to my page. My name is Michelle, an independent literary contractor. In short, I’m a freelance writer, copywriter, author, and poet. I am a true realist who has learned no matter what you may want in life, you must work for it. Nothing in this world comes easy or cheap. Nonetheless, if you want it bad enough it’s all worth the effort. Growing up in a small farming community I yearned for adventure that wasn’t accessible in a place surrounded by wheat fields as far as the eye could see. Subsequently, I read and fell in love with books. Reading made it possible to travel to far away lands, different time periods, and alternate realities. Those escapades that were unveiled, fashioned a longing for me to write. Encourage by my sixth grade teacher to become an author, I found myself writing anything from poetry to articles in my high school newspaper. Presently I'm writing my first novel,copywrite for magazines,and shellochsner.wordpress.com. I live in Boise, Idaho with my husband and three children.

Friday, December 23, 2011

Wishing you the gift of His faith, love, and peace this season

Another Christmas is upon us. The trees are aglow, decorations put up, and lights are strung from every corner of the city to the other. Holiday shoppers are nearly finished, smiling as the piles of gifts grow. Glad tidings, good food, and cheer galore all for you to enjoy. The only thing left is to finish the wrapping and prepare the feast.
Through the eyes of child, magic becomes real. Everything looks beautiful as it sparkles and shines, people are giving warm smiles and friendly hugs, presents appear out of nowhere and there is more candy to eat than on Halloween. Watching children countdown to Christmas morning puts butterflies in my tummy and makes me giggle as they snoop through the packages under the tree and sneak another piece of fudge. Everything is an awesome game as they attempt to guess who got what. It truly makes me happy to experience the holiday with my children who are under the seasons spell.
Words are not enough to express what Christmas means to me as it is not about the gifts under the tree. There isn’t any material object that could be given that I would treasure more than the love I have from my family and friends. Cliché I know, but true.  
I hope and pray all of you are having a blessed holiday, whichever one you celebrate! May peace and joy be with you!







No comments:

Post a Comment