About Me

My photo
Boise, Idaho, United States
Hello there and welcome to my page. My name is Michelle, an independent literary contractor. In short, I’m a freelance writer, copywriter, author, and poet. I am a true realist who has learned no matter what you may want in life, you must work for it. Nothing in this world comes easy or cheap. Nonetheless, if you want it bad enough it’s all worth the effort. Growing up in a small farming community I yearned for adventure that wasn’t accessible in a place surrounded by wheat fields as far as the eye could see. Subsequently, I read and fell in love with books. Reading made it possible to travel to far away lands, different time periods, and alternate realities. Those escapades that were unveiled, fashioned a longing for me to write. Encourage by my sixth grade teacher to become an author, I found myself writing anything from poetry to articles in my high school newspaper. Presently I'm writing my first novel,copywrite for magazines,and shellochsner.wordpress.com. I live in Boise, Idaho with my husband and three children.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Contending to never surrender

In a world with so much chaos, can one obtain serenity? Having seen and heard the evil of all evils, then becoming powerless in its grasp. In earnest I stumble as I look for answers from questions that come out of nowhere while no one seems to care.
Begging for help, as I fall on my knees hoping there is mercy to be bestowed upon my readiness. There must be a way to restore the good that once graced this reality with a kind nature and encouraging ways. I refuse to believe that it is lost forever, as forever does not exist.
The essence of the human spirit is to prevail and continue on even when all is lost. But what to do when one is over come with sadness and is hard pressed up against the fervent brick wall that will not falter, even in the slightest? It traps you with its invisible hand as it paralyzes a person and tricks their mind into believing there is no alternative but the inevitable.
Woe after woe fills the air with its wretched affliction as evil persist and troubles anyone in its path. Like a tornado, it consumes and destroys leaving only the bad with little faith of the good. Presenting a false hope that humanity will band together to create a better world. In the event of such times, hope will not come about as it has been forgotten during the reconstruction of which will only be shadow of what once was.
What to do? What to do? A question in limbo that may never receive its well deserved answer. So I leave you with this my friend;
As evil consumes your very existence, are you throwing all down in defeat to go along with the crowd? Or, have you the courage to stand up and fight against the immoral atrocities that have taken possession of our very being.
Of course the world will heave you into its disposable pile, even if victory has landed in your lap. Does this pose a conundrum? I think not for the simple reason that your conscience will be clear because you’ve done your best to set things right.

No comments:

Post a Comment